Thursday 2 April 2009

Daydream Believer

When I was about 10 years old, I used to go to church every Sunday but sometimes I really didn’t want to go. My parents would often wake me up to get ready for church, but I often used to shout because I didn’t want to go. But as parents do, they made me go, and how thankful I am to them now.

I used to sit in mass, daydreaming and messing about and not concentrating on the priest at all. I felt like I didn’t understand what was going on, so why should I listen? Anyway as I got older and started high school, my thoughts began to change as I started to learn about God and his teachings. Normally I would find it hard to just sit and listen in lesson, but listening to my teacher talking about God seemed so easy. Sundays came and went and every week parts of the mass became much clearer. Not only did I want to start going to mass on a Sunday, but I used to set my alarm to get up and get ready for mass!

I felt like God was with me, wherever I was, whatever I was doing, I knew he was helping me, and now when I look back and think that I never wanted to go to church on a Sunday, I am grateful to not only my parents, but God as well for helping me get where I am today.

No comments: