Tuesday 17 June 2008

Hope beyond hopes!



My faith means a lot to me. I know that as long as I have my faith, there will always be someone beside me who loves me and wants to protect me, no matter what troubles and difficulties I face in life. This is especially important to me, because I have a disability, which should keep me back from things and be a burden but I feel that it isn’t. I feel that God has provided me with the tools and friends necessary to cope, continue and excel in what I do. I have also, over the last year or so, been on several pilgrimages and diocesan events with the Lancaster Diocesan Youth Service. At these, in peaceful environments, I have been able to discuss with others what their faith means to them and say what I felt in return, which in some way feels different than just talking about religion in school or at church. This sharing brings a new dimension to my faith – to discover that others are trying to live what I am trying to live. These experiences have helped me to be able to put the everyday problems of life into a new perspective, and have given me wonderful, peaceful experiences, new friends. They’ve made me feel great and probably improved me as a person. I would suggest such events to any young person in the diocese who wishes to feel closer to God, or build on their faith, because it has had that effect on me. I feel that as long as I have my faith there were always be hope no matter the situation. I find it difficult to fit my faith into my busy schedule as I’m sure most people do, but I’m also sure that with how much God loves us, we should at least show him some token of our love in return.

No comments: